I didn’t had proper internet connection for a week so I may be late in having my say in this. But I still feel like commenting on it. So here are my thoughts on the reformation (especially about HKT48).
Big news! During the 1st day of Kyushu Tour they announced HKT48 Team KIV and it’s captain! This is a list of the new teams!:D
Some people might be hesitant to give away their votes away probably because they don’t know the girls well enough. So here’s a mini post about every member of Team H. I’ll try to post some interesting facts that are not so well known to other people too. Hopefully one or two member will catch your eye. 😀
- The captain of Team H, also known as Cap (Kyappu).
- Even though she’s captain, she’s known to be a ponkotsu.
- Lead in both dramas starring HKT48.
- Does classical ballet
- Fav quote: “Honestly, we didn’t have any confidence at all during our Shonichi. But I believe in Takahashi Minami-san’s “Effort will always be rewarded”. And we, HKT48, are a team that will keep trying our best as long as we can.” -HKT48 121126 LOD (1st anniversary)
Cap is certainly one of my favorites. She plays guitar but is not good at it. Although, recently she has gotten better thanks to her dad who is teaching her. She’s also known as the richest member within the group. Example of her being a ponkotsu is during roll calls she would go “There’s one person not here!” and then finding out she forgot to count herself. Sometimes she’s surprised that there’s an extra member only to found out she counted the manager as well. She’s certainly not on the same level as Takamina or Sayanee captain-wise but she’s still young and has plenty of time to learn. She’s loved by members and staffs, which I’m certain is what made the management appoint her as captain.
- Has a protruding chin and some say her face looks like a Shinkansen (Japanese bullet train)
- Teased character
- Tree for Russian monkey
- Fav quote: “When I grow up, I want to be someone who is cheerful like Miyazawa Sae-san. I want to be an adult that is kind towards other people around her.” -HKT48 LOD 130114
Ueki is hidden gem for variety shows. She shines the most in Korekara thanks to her rapport with the MC, Abe. Out of all the member that was drop out of senbatsu for the 2nd single, I felt sad for Ueki the most. She has a certain quality that makes you want to cheer for her. She also likes attaching her names to simple greetings. Like Arigatou (Thank you) becomes Arigatoueki. Every time she does this in theater it is received rather coldly by fans which prompted Murashige to say that Ueki is like the past Murashige (Because she’s not gaining any laughs). Which prompt Wakatabe or Moriyasu to retort with, “More like the current Murashige”. Murashige and Ueki is like one of my favorite pairing together because they are so damn cute. XD
- Hakata’s big sis
- Former member of AKB48
- Best friends with Mayuyu
- Member of Watarirouka Hashiritai (7)
- Fav quote: “When I transferred to HKT48, there was a time where I thought it would be hard for me to make friends. But thanks to members who have weird characters like Murashige, I was able to get used to HKT48. And when I did hi-touch with the fans, everyone welcomed me that it made me feel glad I came to Hakata.” – HKT48 121214 LOD (Lovetan’s birthday)
Better known as Rabutan or Lovetan. Her original catchphrase when she joined HKT48 was “Hakata! Hakata! Hakata! Oota!” but she finds it too weird so she stopped. Back in AKB, she was known as a Tsundere character but gave up that character and is now known as HKT’s Big sis. Lovetan made a nice transition from being the pampered child in AKB to the reliable big sister HKT. She often takes a step back so that other members can shine. It’s no wonder the Hakata fans have accepted and love her. Oh, and she hates bugs. Like, really hate it.
- Nickname is Riinu
- Arguably the best dancer in HKT
- Considered the most stylish and fashionable in the group
- Good friends with Boss
- Fav quote: “The song I love most is UZA because isn’t the dance amazing? I’ve been learning dancing for the past 6 years, even in HKT48 I have the privileged to be the dance leader. This kind of dance song would make me stand out the most so this song is my favorite.” -HKT48 130322 LOD
For me, Riinu is one of the best performer in the group all thanks to her dancing skills. According to her mom, Riinu always watch stage DVDs at home, trying to learn the dance moves. Often practicing on her own well into midnight. She has this terribly infectious smile that makes you wanna smile automatically. She also performs as center in a few performances.
- Gain more support after losing her center position
- Has a lisp but very eloquent in her G+ posts
- Concurrent AKB48 Team A member
- Fav quote: “When I was in a club in middle school, I heard the words: “Just talent can’t win against effort”. I don’t really have any talent, but I can put in a great effort.” – Haruppi’s G+ 121228
Ah.. our fallen center. I think everything that could have been said about Haruppi is already in this post. Her situation is one of the unique ones out of all the sister groups. The chosen center but was outranked by Sakura in the elections, and when Meru came was pushed back to make way for our 2nd Gen center. You don’t see that happen to Acchan, Jurina/Rena or Sayanee/Milky. But this whole debacle really put Haruppi on the map and just like a phoenix, she rose back from the ashes. Stronger than ever. She still has the lisp tho.
- Was transferred to HKT because of a scandal
- #1 in AKB Sousenkyo
- A member of Not Yet
- A huge idol wota
- Hetare Scandal Troll Variety Queen
- Fav quote: “Even though there’s NMB and SKE, I want to make HKT the best team of all.” – AKB48 Documentary No Flower without Rain
Oh Sasshi. Where do I start? I was following Sasshi waaay back during her AKB days since we have the same Kami Oshi in Morning Musume. I think of her like a fellow comrade rather than an idol. Sasshi is basically the main reason why I took notice of HKT in the first place. Would HKT48 achieve the same amount of popularity they gotten now without Sasshi? Probably. But not as fast. Sasshi just sped up their popularity by being there and in turn, brought attention to other members as well. Being a huge HKT48 fan now, I can’t help but to feel grateful to Sasshi. A year ago, if the scandal didn’t happen. If Sasshi had stayed in AKB48, I think the fact that she would get #1 in Sousenkyo would be very unlikely. Now every time I think of Sasshi, I think of HKT48. She really took on the role as mentor and guidance for the kids. And I love her for that. This useless hetare person is now one of the main pillars in HKT48. And I find that amazing. Thank you, Sasshi.
- Variety member of the group
- A great dancer like Riinu
- Okay with bugs but not haunted houses
- Fav quote: “The thing that I want the most is aura.” – HKT48 121210 LOD
Shinamon is a member that went through a lot of character changes. She went from the “I love matcha (green tea)!” character to the “Black hearted” character to the “Glutton” character and now she is more known as the variety character. But with the emergence of 2nd Gen, her variety spot is being overshadowed by the much more outspoken Tani. She even lost her senbatsu spot for the second single. She’s not wrong for wanting an aura because right now she lacks presence the most. She’s practicing her MC in stage shows (she’s moderating the MC after Tengoku Yarou unit in Hakata Legend) hoping to follow the Minegishi route (minus the shaving) as Miichan is her Oshimen.
- Hakata’s Boss
- A good tsukkomi to pair with Murashige’s boke
- Gain 500 comments in just a few minutes when her G+ opened
- One of HKT representatives for the Janken tournament
- Has performed more than 300 times at the theater (The most out of all Team H members)
- Fav quote: “With our abilities, let’s survive the tough world of show business together. Let’s be the best idol group that won’t lose to anyone!” – HKT48 130810 LOD
If I have to take a bet on who will be the next Sasshi, I would pick Boss hands down. She had the “youngest in the group” and “elementary schooler” image for a while but the Boss character was her big break. A 12 year old as the boss of Hakata? Genius. She’s so boss, she moderated her own birthday stage. Twice. It’s unprecedented even in AKB. Just recently turned 13, she’s also one of the tall members of HKT. Not to mention she’s sharp and quick witted for a 13 year old. And being 13 meaning she’s has a lot of time to further polish her skills and character. I believe Boss is going to be one of the main members of HKT and I can’t wait to see it.
- Reached 3rd round of R-1
- Best friend with Tani since middle school
- Fav quote: “Because I’m always doing my best in my performances, I don’t have any regrets at all. That’s right. Keep on shining.” – HKT48 130216 LOD
Chori’s gags could beat even the most experienced comedians, further proved by her accomplishments of reaching the third round of R-1. Not only does she does not mind being teased, in fact, she welcomes it. Chori really shines in HKT Variety 48 where she has her own segment like TYORI RAP. And she’s serious about her comedy acts, further proved by her frustration at herself in the Hyakkaten season 1 bonus DVD and her mini R-1 documentary in Korekara.
- Originally HKT’s #2 right behind Haruppi
- Pushed back when Sakura ranked
- Capable of handling all sort of work be it singing or variety
- A hidden gem
- Fav quote: “When I was 5 or 6, for a vacation, the place we went had a lower elementary school nearby. Looking at all the cute kids just made me grin to myself. I wonder if that led to the birth of my “Tabetai~” (I wanna eat~) phrase.” – HKT48 121009 LOD
Natsu, for me, is one of the prettiest members of HKT48. She gets a lot of photoshoot offers because she’s a natural at it. She’s lovey dovey with all the members in HKT, particularly 2nd Gen Ito Raira. She also attacks the lolis of group (it used to be Aoi but now it seems she’s concentrating on Yukachan). She is often paired up with Moriyasu in performances.
- Amazing Cinderella story
- Only HKT to rank in the 27th single Sousenkyo
- Was in UZA Senbatsu
- Carries 3 bears in her bag; Brownie, Cocoa-chan and Tiramisu (Recently acquired a fourth bear, White Brownie)
- Fav quote: “HKT48 is the furthest group from the disaster area. But even then I hope our cheers and smiles could reach everyone in the affected areas.” – HKT48 130311 East Japan Earthquake Reconstruction special performance
I love Sakura. She’s an example story of how ranking in Sousenkyo can really change your life. More people took notice of her including the management. She has amazing drawing skills. Amazingly bad. Hailing from Kagoshima, she is often compared with Kashiwagi Yuki who is from the same place. Her overreaction skills are already legendary. She’s good friends with Murashige and is often the victim of her Murashigeharassments.
- If Sakura dabbles with the A-list members of AKB
- Murashige is friends with the B-list
- Starred Majisuka Gakuen 3
- Too crazy at times
- Has a dinosaur plushie caled Kevin
- Center of her own made up Guigui Senbatsu
- Fav quote: “If we look at the costume’s label (for Kataomoi no Karaage), the costume department wrote just the personalities of members there. Like for instance, Sakura’s costume is written “Serious”, Mariri has “Likes anime”, Aichan has “Tsundere”. But when I look at my costume somehow the word “Giant” is written there.” – HKT48 130312 LOD
Also known as Russian Monkey. That nickname really took off, huh? Hahaha. She’s crazy. That’s undeniable. In variety shows, you have to be a little crazy to get screentime. But she’s damn shy in real life and in school and that gap just makes me want to go to Japan and pat her head. She aspires to be an entertainer one day and always wear the “Aspiring geinin” t-shirt. It’s hardly a secret that she’s my HKT oshimen. She has a huge heart and is passionate in everything.
- One of the more popular members without any push
- Aoi & Sakura make a very popular paring. Especially when ‘Aoi’ means ‘blue’ and ‘Sakura’ means ‘pink’
- Fav quote: “I had always been a crybaby since I was small. When there’s a dance move I couldn’t do, I’ll cry out of frustration. Whenever I feel alone, I will cry. When we first had our lesson, I was thinking of cleaning up the lesson room. But when I entered the room, Wakatabe was there. I was so surprised I left the room in a hurry and cried.” – HKT48 121030 LOD
Aoi is the baby face in the group. Always doted by Sasshi. She also adores Tomochin a lot. I kinda want to see Aoi and Mio do a duet so that I can gush at the cuteness of it all. She cries so much in variety shows it has come to a point that it became funny. XD She’s also the only member to gained 3 oshimen badges in Hakata Hyakkaten which proves how popular she is even among the sister groups.
- Princess image
- Good at playing the piano
- Has her own radio show
- Fav quote: “Everyone, oshi-mashi is good but oshihen is not allowed, okay?” (Oshi-mashi = push oshimen more, oshihen = Change oshimen) – HKT48 121002 LOD
Considered a real beauty in HKT. She dreams to be a model one day and I believe she can totally pull it off. She also has a perfect pitch. Along with Boss, they are trying to fatten themselves up since they feel like they’re too thin. Despite her serious looks, she actually has a cute side to her at home. Stories like holding her mother’s hand while sleeping and sleeping with teddy bears. Even Shinamon’s dad who is a Madoka oshi went to her handshake event.
- Originally the baseball daughter character
- Overtime developed and polish her tsukkomi skill
- Great gaya (noisy character in the background)
- Fav quote: “I’m saving my New Year’s money for college.” – HKT48 130107 LOD
She’s good friends with AKB’s Kuramochi Asuka because of their “daughter of a baseball figure” background. She’s considered one of the most better tsukkomi (people who come out with retorts) in the group. Loves her family too much. Many may not know it but she was friends with 2nd Gen Kusaba Manami even before she entered HKT48 since they were both from the same dance school. She also is in charge with a lot of their MC segments.
I hope you guys enjoy reading it! Sorry if it was too long. 😀
First of all, watch this first: http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=KR9HA5GKRD5R
And here is the MC part and also the ending comment from the same stage. It’s nice when we can see another side of Murashige, isn’t it? She’s cool in the Seifuku Resistance unit and here’s a cute story on how Murashige has a hard time making friends. And at the end, she became the wild Russian Monkey that we all know. XD
I wanted to posted this on Murashige’s birthday but that didn’t happen so here’s a belated birthday release from me. 😀
Brought to you by [Half-Assed Subs], subs you can’t trust.
YO YO COME ON IT’S MC TYORI RAP YO!
ENJOY MY SUBS AND THE ENGRISH TOO YEAH!
FROM SUBS YOU CAN’T TRUST UH HUH YEAH COME ON!
Here is the the preliminary result for the first Half Assed Senbatsu Sousenkyo!
If you want to download the subbed videos, everything is in this shared folder.
Ranking as of 22nd May 2013 23:59 JST
#1. Kinoshita Yukiko – 1040 votes
#2. Kojima Haruna – 253 votes
#3. Takahashi Minami – 130 votes
#4. Matsui Jurina – 65 votes
#5. Minegishi Minami – 52 votes
#6. Murashige Anna – 51 votes
#7. Matsui Rena – 42 votes
#8. Oshima Yuko – 40 votes
#9. Shimazaki Haruka – 40 votes
#20. Tomonaga Mio – 18 votes
Did not rank
#21. Motomura Aoi – 17 votes
#22. Itano Tomomi – 16 votes
#23. Yamauchi Suzuran – 14 votes
#24. Tashima Meru – 14 votes
#25. Nakanishi Chiyori – 14 votes
#26. Moriyasu Madoka – 13 votes
#27. Ohori Megumi – 13 votes
#28. Shinoda Mariko – 11 votes
#29. Kodama Haruka – 11 votes
#30. Tani Marika – 10 votes
#31. Kikuchi Ayaka – 9 votes
#32. Suda Akari – 9 votes
#33. Kinoshita Momoka – 9 votes
#34. Anai Chihiro – 9 votes
#35. Takayanagi Akane – 7 votes
#36. Ogasawara Mayu – 5 votes
I would also like to announce the prize for my Half-Assed Senbatsu.
#1 Center for [Half Assed Senbatsu] – A subbed 5 minutes video
#10 Center for [Half Assed Unders] – A subbed 3 minutes video
#16 Center for [Half Assed Nexties] – A subbed 1 minute video
#20 [Half Assed Lastie] – A subbed 10 seconds video
I will choose the video myself and whether the subs will be real or fake depends on me! 😉
This is not the final result, just the preliminary. If you’re not satisfied with your Oshimen’s ranking, then don’t forget to like, tweet, share, fav, or reblog your favorite member to vote!
Remember, voting ends on 8th June at 23:59 JST!
Election video from Chori and her…?
Download Video: http://www.mediafire.com/?ovc61bk6xnbdrl6
Dear HaKaTa Hyakkaten, how can you show me this in the previews..
… and not showing it in the actual episode? How dare you!
This is going to end up in the DVDs right? You money grabber you.
This episode is definitely the longest I ever sub something. First half was awesome with Mocchi’s pervertness but the second half was just a lot of talking. That took awhile. A long while.
Also, Lovetan is joining us from this episode onward.
Just one note, Chin chin densha is actually a tram/streetcar that got its name because of the bell that it rang (hence the “chin chin” or “ding ding/ding dong”). But “chin chin” is also a slang word for male genitalia. That’s why I translated it as such (you’ll find out when you watch). Kojiharu used to say it in Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku.
For the first time, my sub is not the most ridiculous thing in HaKaTa Hyakkaten. Thank you, Mocchi and your wonderful ear fetish.
I rate this sub 100% “Hentai Mocchi”.
Brought to you by [Half Assed Subs], subs you can’t trust.
I’m releasing this one first. Thanks for being patient with me. As a reward, I’m gonna release the Hyakkaten with Mocchi tomorrow! Maybe! But during this week probably!
Jailbaits, jailbaits and more jailbaits! This episode is Shukan AKB with HKT48! Not everyone, it was just Murashige, Sakura, Moriyasu, Chori, Tanaka and Ueki. HKT48 is really climbing up the ranking of my favorite idol groups.
Not gonna sub the episode before this, too much Lovetan and it was just the introduction for Murashige, Sakura and Madoka.
The timing is done mostly based on the Japanese softsub provided. Anyone willing to translate this sub correctly however is always welcome to correct my subs.
I rate this sub 70% “Honmayan” and 30% “Zettai uso ya wa”.
Brought to you by [Half Assed Subs], subs you can’t trust.